This is part 1 of the original Bible/book in PDF
This is a multi volume (with multi divisions per volume) detailed research on the history of the Jewish People in the time of Jesus Christ. This book is from 1891.
This is volume 1 division 2: THE INTERNAL CONDITION OF PALESTINE, AND OF THE JEWISH PEOPLE, IN THE TIME OF JESUS CHRIST
Please be advised, that with all ancient texts, one must be careful and view it together with other editions/reprints (in case some text is lost or unreadable due to age etcetera). However, this does not reduce the pleasure of reading the original and ancient texts!
Please also be advised, that to ensure speedy download and reading, the Bible/book has been embedded (as Adobe pdf) – whilst it is downloading you will see a progress bar. However, before the download completes, if you scroll up or down, during this time, the page WILL look a bit weird. Wait till it downloads and all will be OK.
The Original Bible or book is below:
|This Is Page Number:|
If you do not see the Bible or book on this page, above this, (allowing for a minute to load), then:
1. If you are using an Android/Apple tablet/mobile device, please click the “Read on Android/Apple (or no PDF)” button above to view the Bible or book on your device now.
2. If you are using a PC/Mac, then you probably do not have the latest Adobe pdf reader. Please get it from here (it is free, quick and used by millions): and then come back, after the installation, and read the Bible or book on this page.
Index of the book (please forgive any unreadable bits – this index is computer generated from ancient texts):
CONTENTS OF DIVISION IL VOL. I.
§ 22. The State of Culture in general,
I. Mixture of Population, Language,
II. Diffusion of Hellenic Culture, .
1. Hellenism in the Non-Jewish Regions,
2. Hellenism in the Jewish Region, .
III. Position of Judaism with respect to Heathenism,
§ 23. Constitution. Sanhedrim. High Priest,
I. The Hellenistic Towns,
Raphia, 66. Gaza, 68. Anthedon, 72. Ascalon, 7*1
Azotus, 76. Jamnia, 78. Joppa, 79. ApoUonia, 83
Straton's Tower = Caesarea, 84. Dora, 87. PtolemaiS;
90. Damascus, 96. Hippus, 98. Gadara, 100. AbUa.
104. Raphana, 106. Kanata, 106. Kanatha, 108
Scythopolis, 110. Pella, 113. Dium, 115. Gerasa,
116. Philadelphia, 119. Sebaste = Samaria, 123
Gaba, 127. Esbon (Hesbon), 128. Antipatris, 130
Phasaelis, 131. Caesarea Panias, 132. Julias = Beth
saida, 135. Sepphoris, 136. Julias = Livias, 141
II. The strictly Jewish Territory, ….
III. The great Sanhedrim at Jerusalem,
History, 165. Composition, 174. Jiuisdiction, 184. Time
and Place of Sessions, 190. Judicial Procedure, 193.
IV. The High Priests,
§ 24. The Priesthood and the Temple Wousmi-,
I. The Priesthood as a distinct Order,
II. The Emoluments,
III. The Various Functions of il'.e Priesthood,
IV. The Daily Service,
Appendix. Participation of Gentiles in the Worship at Jeru