History Of The Jewish People In The Time Of Jesus Christ – Emil Schurer (Volume 3 Division 2) PDF
This is a multi volume (with multi divisions per volume) detailed research on the history of the Jewish People in the time of Jesus Christ. This book is from 1891.
This is volume 3 division 2: THE INTERNAL CONDITION OF PALESTINE, AND OF THE JEWISH PEOPLE, IN THE TIME OF JESUS CHRIST
Please be advised, that with all ancient texts, one must be careful and view it together with other editions/reprints (in case some text is lost or unreadable due to age etcetera). However, this does not reduce the pleasure of reading the original and ancient texts!
Please also be advised, that to ensure speedy download and reading, the Bible/book has been embedded (as Adobe pdf) – whilst it is downloading you will see a progress bar. However, before the download completes, if you scroll up or down, during this time, the page WILL look a bit weird. Wait till it downloads and all will be OK.
The Original Bible or book is below:
|This Is Page Number:|
If you do not see the Bible or book on this page, above this, (allowing for a minute to load), then:
1. If you are using an Android/Apple tablet/mobile device, please click the “Read on Android/Apple (or no PDF)” button above to view the Bible or book on your device now.
2. If you are using a PC/Mac, then you probably do not have the latest Adobe pdf reader. Please get it from here (it is free, quick and used by millions): and then come back, after the installation, and read the Bible or book on this page.
Index of the book (please forgive any unreadable bits – this index is computer generated from ancient texts):
§ 32. The Palestinian-Jewish Litekature, .
1. The First Book of Maccabees,
2. The History of John Hyrcanus, .
3. Josephus' History of the Jewish Wai
II. The Psalmodic Literature,
1. The Psalms of the Maccabaean Age.
2. The Psalms of Solomon, .
III. The Gnomic Wisdom, .
1. Jesus the Son of Sirach, .
2. The Pii-ke Aboth,
IV. Hortatory Narrative, .
1. The Book of Judith,
2. The Book of Tobit,
v. Pseudepigraphic I'ropliecies,
1. The Book of Daniel,
2. The Book of Enoch,
3. The Assumptio Mosis,
4. The Apoealyp.sc of Baruch,
5. The Fourth Book of Ezra,
6. The Testaments of the Twelve Patriarchs.
7. The Lost Pseudepigraphic Prophecies,
VI. The Sacred Legends, .
1. The Book of Jubilees,
2. The Martyrdom of Isaiah,
3. The Lost Legendary Works : The Books of Adam
Abraham — Moses and his Time — (Janues and
VII. Books of Magic and Magical Spells,
§ 33. The Guaeco-Jewisu Literatttre,
I, Translations of Holy Scriptures,
1. The Septuagint, .
2. Aquila and Theodotion, .
II. Kevision and Completion of Scripture
1. The Greek Ezra, .
2. Additions to Esther,
3. Additions to Daniel,
4. The Prayer of Manasseli,
5. The Book of Baruch,
6. The Letter of Jeremiah,
III. Historical Literature, .
4. Aristeas, .
5. Cleodemus or Malchus,
6. An Anonymous Writer,
7. Jason of Cyrene and the Second Book of Maccabees,
8. The Third Book of Maccabees,
9. Philo's Historical Works,
11. Justus of Tiberias,
IV. Epic and Dramatic Poetry,
1. Philo, the Epic Poet,
3. Ezekiel, the Tragic Poet,
1. The Wisdom of Solomon,
4. The Fourth Book of Maccabees,
1. The Literary Opponents—Manetho—ApoUonius Molon
VII. Jewish Propaganda under a Heathen Mask,
1. The Sibyllines, .
3. Spurious Verses of Greek Poets, .
7. Smaller Pieces perhaps of Jewish Origin under Heathen
34. Philo, the Jewish Philosoi'heu,
1. Philo's Life and Works, .
2. Philo's Doctrine,